Friday, January 25, 2008

Word of the Day: Pal

Don't you just love when you have a crappy day (I mean week) and you come home and an unexpected surprise greets you in the mailbox? One of my really good friends who I haven't seen/talked to much lately (although I've been thinking about her a lot - if she's reading this).....sent me a card because she had heard through my sister that I was having a rough time. A lot of times I'm the one to do nice things for other people...send cards etc...so it's really nice to get thought of sometimes and get a surprise :) I'm super excited for the last weekend in February because my sister and my friend Rebecca (card sender) and I are going on a scrapbook retreat in Myrtle Beach with close to 100 other women...we go every year and it is a total blast....
So here's a pic of the card that made my day - please excuse the mess behind it...for some reason I thought the mess in my office wouldn't show up in the picture..haha

Have a great weekend everyone!

16 comments:

Becky said...

Very pretty! I'm a card maker too but haven't been doing too much of it lately.

Chell said...

Love it. Reminds me I have some baby cards I need to make

Unknown said...

That is nice to hear... It just makes you feel better. :)

Tera Fraley said...

What a great card, that must have been special!! Hope it made your day!

Tori said...

How sweet of your friend... and what a pretty card!

Anonymous said...

Great thing to come home to! I had a bad today! Hope your week gets better!
Cari

Mom2Drew said...

What a great card, definitely took some time to make. That's a nice friend to think of you. I hope you have a better week next week and did I read you right...vicodin?;)

Kari said...

How sweet of her! I bet you were glad to receive that.

HeyLady said...

How sweet!

I hope things improve for you & that you have a great weekend!

Laulley

Amy said...

That's a pretty card!

Cindi Koceich said...

Awww...how sweet! Have a blast on your scrap retreat too!!

Rheagan Leatherwood said...

It is great to have a friend like that. I have a couple of those and that's the kind that you don't trade for the world. I'm glad God has blessed you so richly.

Val said...

Aw great card! What a fun day brightener

Margaret said...

Cute card, and I love the story behind it.

Sarah Phipps said...

sometimes a friends kind word is really needed. that is a very nice card

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty card and very nice of her to send it to you